Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Extended Introduction

Hello everyone--Blog post 1.

This is an extended introduction of myself, and is not intended to count toward my two page minimum for this week. </disclaimer>

I'm Steve. I live here in Indiana with my wife Rachel, one year old son Nolan, and three year old dog, Ivy. My academic interests include the 20th Century American Novel and Short Story, Children's and Young Adult Literature, Film Studies, and at least a passing interest in just about everything else. I really liked Julia's comment about being a Generalist--I don't think that applies to me as much, but it was heartening to hear nonetheless.

When I'm not wearing the academic hat, I work as a painter and trim carpenter--usually during free days and weekends. It's enough physical labor that I want to hit the books again when Monday rolls around, which helps, but it also makes me feel like a man divided.

That's it for now.

</blog>


No comments:

Post a Comment